Bears' Khalil Herbert dealing with hip injury after Week 10 loss
Chicago Bears running back Khalil Herbert suffered a hip injury during the team's Week 10 game against the Detroit Lions.
Herbert suffered the injury on a fourth-quarter kick return and did not play another snap, but it's unclear as of this moment just how serious the injury is. The talented second-year back was spotted walking with a limp following the game, though head coach Matt Eberflus declined to comment on Herbert's status heading into Week 11.
Herbert has worked his way into a near-even committee with teammate David Montgomery over the course of the season, and has significantly outproduced Montgomery in his opportunities. He has 643 yards and 4 touchdowns on 108 touches, while Montgomery has produced 434 yards and 2 touchdowns on 115 carries. Montgomery has offered more than Herbert as a pass-catcher, however, and the team appears to be willing to split the backs' opportunities almost down the middle over the past few games. If Herbert misses time, Montgomery would likely see close to 20 touches per game.
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Bears starting Nathan Peterman to finish season January 4th, 2023
- Justin Fields (hip) ruled out for Bears Week 18 versus Vikings January 4th, 2023
- Chase Claypool (knee) cleared for Bears in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Bears expect wideout Chase Claypool (knee) to play in Week 17 January 1st, 2023
- Chicago's Chase Claypool (knee) questionable in Week 17 December 30th, 2022
- Chase Claypool (knee) ruled out Week 16 for Chicago December 24th, 2022