Mike White to take over for Jets Week 12
New York Jets quarterback Mike White will start Week 12 against the Chicago Bears on Sunday, per head coach Robert Saleh.
White is taking over for a benched Zach Wilson and Joe Flacco will be the backup. He hasn't played since Week 10 of last year, but White will have a great matchup against the Bears on Sunday. Considering how awful Wilson has been, this can be viewed as a modest upgrade for the entire Jets' offense.
White averaged 0.01 Passing Net Expected Points per dropback last season, ranking 30th out of 44 quarterbacks with at least 100 attempts. For context, Wilson is averaging negative-0.06 Passing NEP per dropback this season (30th out of 38). White should benefit from facing a Bears team that has the sixth-worst defense and the fourth-worst pass defense in our adjusted metrics.
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) questionable to return for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) won't play for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) will play in AFC Championship Game for Kansas City January 29th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) active for Chiefs in AFC Championship Game January 29th, 2023
- C.J. Uzomah (hamstring) questionable for Jets' Week 18 contest versus Miami January 6th, 2023
- Jet starting Joe Flacco at quarterback in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Mike White (ribs) ruled out for Jets' Week 18 matchup against Dolphins January 6th, 2023
- Jets promote quarterback Chris Streveler to active roster, eligible to play in Week 17 December 31st, 2022
- Mike White (ribs) to start at quarterback for Jets in Week 17; Zach Wilson returns to reserves December 26th, 2022
- Zonovan Knight (ankle) will play for Jets Thursday night December 22nd, 2022