Panthers release Baker Mayfield
The Carolina Panthers released Baker Mayfield on Monday.
Sam Darnold will start again in Week 14 versus the Seattle Seahawks and P.J. Walker will be the backup. Mayfield set multiple career-worsts across seven games (six starts) for the Panthers this season, including a 57.8 completion percentage, 2.9% passing touchdown rate, and 5.6 adjusted yards per attempt. Despite Mayfield's poor play, there is speculation that the San Francisco 49ers might sign him after losing Jimmy Garoppolo to a season-ending foot injury.
Mayfield ranks at the very bottom of the league in EPA per play this season and he averaged a paltry 10.9 FanDuel points across six starts for the Panthers. His average depth of target (7.0 yards) also didn't do any favors for Carolina's pass-catchers.
- 49ers promote Tevin Coleman to active roster on Saturday January 28th, 2023
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) will not play in Kansas City's AFC Championship contest January 28th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) listed as questionable on Kansas City's AFC Championship injury report January 27th, 2023
- Kansas City's Mecole Hardman (pelvis) questionable for Sunday's Conference Championship January 27th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) questionable for Kansas City's AFC Championship matchup January 27th, 2023
- San Francisco's Elijah Mitchell (ankle) questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship contest January 27th, 2023
- Tyler Higbee (elbow) expected to play in Rams' Week 17 matchup December 31st, 2022
- Ben Skowronek (calf) out for remainder of Rams' 2022 season December 20th, 2022
- Schefter: Rams expected to start Baker Mayfield in Week 15 December 13th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) officially starting for Rams in Week 14; Baker Mayfield expected to see time December 8th, 2022
- John Wolford (neck) in line to start Thursday for Rams December 8th, 2022
- Rams' Brandon Powell (illness) active Thursday for Week 14 December 8th, 2022