Sam Darnold to start for Panthers in Week 14
Carolina Panthers quarterback Sam Darnold will start Week 14 against the Seattle Seahawks, interim coach Steve Wilks confirmed Monday.
The Panthers are sticking with Darnold as their starter after the bye week. He completed 11-of-19 passes for 164 yards with no turnovers and a touchdown in his Week 12 season debut, and he also punched one in at the goal-line. D.J. Moore was the team's leading receiver with 4 catches on 6 targets for 103 yards and a touchdown. P.J. Walker will take over as the backup after Baker Mayfield was released Monday.
numberFire's models project Darnold for 202.4 passing yards, 1.11 touchdowns, and 0.8 interceptions in Week 14. He should have a plus draw versus a Seahawks team that, entering Week 13, had the No. 26 pass defense in our adjusted efficiency metrics.
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) DNP for Chiefs' first Super Bowl practice February 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle) sits out Chiefs practice Wednesday February 1st, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Panthers' D'Onta Foreman ejected in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Panthers' D'Onta Foreman (knee) active for Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Panthers list D'Onta Foreman (knee) as questionable in Week 18 January 6th, 2023
- Sam Darnold set to start again for Panthers in Week 16 December 19th, 2022
- D.J. Moore (ankle) officially active for Panthers in Week 15 December 18th, 2022
- D.J. Moore (ankle) expected to play for Panthers in Week 15 December 18th, 2022