Bengals' Joe Mixon could clear concussion protocols 'early this week'
Cincinnati Bengals head coach Zac Taylor said Monday that running back Joe Mixon (concussion) could clear the league's concussion protocols early this week ahead of their Week 14 game against the Cleveland Browns.
Mixon has missed the last two games after suffering a concussion back in Week 11, but it seems like the veteran is on the cusp on returning for the team's Week 14 divisional matchup with the Browns. Samaje Perine has shown an ability to handle the lead back role with Mixon sidelined over the last two weeks, so it will be interesting to see if the team decides to shake up their backfield at all going forward.
Mixon had just 2 touchdowns this season before his 5-score explosion against the Panthers in Week 9, but had still been putting up solid numbers for fantasy due to his top-notch workload. If the Bengals decide to redistribute their running back touches after Perine's recent success, Mixon's fantasy value could take a hit.
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve February 6th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) unlikely to play in Super Bowl February 2nd, 2023
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa clears concussion protocol February 1st, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (pelvis) idle for Wednesday practice February 1st, 2023
- Tee Higgins (illness) cleared for Bengals in first round January 13th, 2023
- Tee Higgins (illness) turns in full practice for Bengals January 12th, 2023
- Tee Higgins out at Bengals practice due to illness January 11th, 2023
- Tee Higgins absent from Bengals practice Wednesday January 11th, 2023
- Tyler Boyd returns to game for Bengals in Week 18 January 8th, 2023
- Tyler Boyd being evaluated for concussion, questionable to return for Bengals in Week 18 January 8th, 2023