Schefter: San Francisco's Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) reportedly does not need surgery, could return in 7-8 weeks
According to Adam Schefter, San Francisco 49ers quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo reportedly could return in seven-to-eight weeks.
Despite earlier reports stating Garoppolo's foot injury was season-ending, doctors determined San Francisco's quarterback would not need surgery while a return could occur if rehab goes well. Expect Brock Purdy to start under center while Garoppolo is sidelined.
Purdy's projection for Week 14's matchup versus a Tampa Bay Buccaneers' defense ranked 11th (15.9) in FanDuel points allowed per game to quarterbacks includes 19.3 completions for 0.9 touchdowns and 197.5 yards and 3.1 rushing attempts for 13.8 yards.
- Justin Watson (illness) listed as questionable on Kansas City's AFC Championship injury report January 27th, 2023
- Kansas City's Mecole Hardman (pelvis) questionable for Sunday's Conference Championship January 27th, 2023
- Travis Kelce (back) questionable for Kansas City's AFC Championship matchup January 27th, 2023
- Reid: Kansas City's Patrick Mahomes (ankle) will start in Sunday's Conference Championship January 27th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (abdominal) 'in good place' after week off January 26th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) logs full practice for Chiefs January 25th, 2023
- San Francisco's Elijah Mitchell (ankle) questionable for Sunday's NFC Championship contest January 27th, 2023
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not practicing for 49ers, will play January 26th, 2023
- San Francisco's Christian McCaffrey dealing with calf issue January 23rd, 2023
- Jauan Jennings (ankle) not listed on San Francisco's Divisional Playoff injury report January 20th, 2023
- 49ers' Jauan Jennings (ankle) limited on Wednesday January 18th, 2023
- Elijah Mitchell (knee) not listed on San Francisco's Week 18 injury report January 6th, 2023