Tre Boston opens OTA's as Panthers' starting free safety
Carolina Panthers defensive back Tre Boston opened OTAs as the team's starting free safety.
Last year's starting free safety, Kurt Coleman, is shifting to strong safety, replacing veteran Roman Harper, who hasn't been re-signed to this point. Boston entered last offseason as the favorite to start over Coleman, but he lost the gig in camp. Coleman ended up third in the NFL with seven picks.
The Panthers ranked second in Adjusted Defensive Net Expected Points per play in 2015.
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Steelers expect Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) to be ready for start of regular season February 17th, 2020
- Carolina's Luke Kuechly retires after 8 seasons January 14th, 2020
- Christian McCaffrey rushes for 1 touchdown, completes his bid for historic 1,000/1,000 season in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Panthers' Will Grier (foot) doubtful to return against Saints in Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Panthers' DJ Moore (concussion) ruled out for Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Carolina's D.J. Moore (concussion) DNP on Thursday December 26th, 2019
- Panthers' DJ Moore (concussion) absent from Tuesday practice December 24th, 2019