Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not practicing for 49ers, will play
San Francisco 49ers running back Christian McCaffrey (ankle) said he will play in Sunday's NFC Championship Game against the Philadelphia Eagles.
McCaffrey was held out of practice Thursday for a second straight day, but he told reporters there's "zero" chance he will miss Sunday's matchup. Elijah Mitchell (groin) has also been sidelined at practice this week while Deebo Samuel (ankle) has logged back-to-back limited sessions. Mitchell and Samuel will see more backfield work if McCaffrey is limited on Sunday.
McCaffrey has a $9,000 salary on the Conference Championship slate and our models project him to lead all non-quarterbacks with 16.3 FanDuel points. He has a $15,500 salary on the single-game slate and is the second-highest projected player behind Jalen Hurts. Across 11 full games with the 49ers, CMC has averaged 27.8 adjusted opportunities and a 73.6% snap rate.
- Adam Thielen to sign three-year deal with Carolina March 19th, 2023
- Houston sends receiver Brandin Cooks to Dallas via trade March 19th, 2023
- Bears reportedly add running back D'Onta Foreman March 17th, 2023
- Mike Gesicki reportedly signs 1-year deal with Patriots on Friday March 17th, 2023
- Darius Slayton sticking with Giants March 16th, 2023
- Parris Campbell becoming member of Giants March 16th, 2023
- San Francisco's Brock Purdy (elbow) undergoes surgery on Friday, expected to throw in 3 months March 10th, 2023
- 49ers' Brock Purdy dealing with torn UCL injury; expected to miss six months January 30th, 2023
- Update: Josh Johnson (concussion) ruled out for 49ers in NFC Championship Game; Brock Purdy (elbow) remains at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- 49ers' Josh Johnson being evaluated for concussion in NFC Championship Game, Brock Purdy (elbow) back in January 29th, 2023
- Brock Purdy (elbow) questionable to return for 49ers in Championship Game; Josh Johnson in at quarterback January 29th, 2023
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (ankle) out for NFC Championship on Sunday January 29th, 2023