Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve
The Kansas City Chiefs have activated running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) from the injured reserve ahead of their Super Bowl matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Edwards-Helaire hasn't been able to play since Week 12 of the regular season after suffering hip and ankle injuries, but he will now be available for the most important game of the year. The Chiefs had already begun to shift work away from the former first-round pick and towards rookie Isiah Pacheco and veteran Jerick McKinnon, so it will be hard to expect Edwards-Helaire to have much involvement in the Super Bowl.
Edwards-Helaire came out the gates blazing for the Chiefs earlier this season with 6 touchdowns across 7 games, but his role diminished as the season went on before his injury. He finished the regular season with 71 carries for 302 yards and 3 scores, and 17 catches for 151 yards and 3 more touchdowns.
- Adam Thielen to sign three-year deal with Carolina March 19th, 2023
- Houston sends receiver Brandin Cooks to Dallas via trade March 19th, 2023
- Bears reportedly add running back D'Onta Foreman March 17th, 2023
- Mike Gesicki reportedly signs 1-year deal with Patriots on Friday March 17th, 2023
- Darius Slayton sticking with Giants March 16th, 2023
- Parris Campbell becoming member of Giants March 16th, 2023
- Patriots sign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 3-year deal March 15th, 2023
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) not listed on Kansas City's Wednesday injury report for Super Bowl LVII February 8th, 2023
- Justin Watson (illness) not listed on Kansas City's Super Bowl injury report February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's JuJu Smith-Schuster (knee) fully participates in Wednesday's practice February 8th, 2023
- Kansas City's Kadarius Toney (ankle/hamstring) saids he is "definitely" playing in Super Bowl February 7th, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (pelvis) lands on Chiefs' IR ahead of Super Bowl February 6th, 2023