Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) officially activated off injured reserve
The Kansas City Chiefs have activated running back Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) from the injured reserve ahead of their Super Bowl matchup with the Philadelphia Eagles.
Edwards-Helaire hasn't been able to play since Week 12 of the regular season after suffering hip and ankle injuries, but he will now be available for the most important game of the year. The Chiefs had already begun to shift work away from the former first-round pick and towards rookie Isiah Pacheco and veteran Jerick McKinnon, so it will be hard to expect Edwards-Helaire to have much involvement in the Super Bowl.
Edwards-Helaire came out the gates blazing for the Chiefs earlier this season with 6 touchdowns across 7 games, but his role diminished as the season went on before his injury. He finished the regular season with 71 carries for 302 yards and 3 scores, and 17 catches for 151 yards and 3 more touchdowns.
- Treylon Burks (concussion) questionable in Week 13 for Titans December 1st, 2023
- Howe: New England's Bailey Zappe will start at quarterback in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Kareem Hunt (groin) good to go for Browns in Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (illness) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Chargers' Quentin Johnston (ribs, finger) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Lions' David Montgomery (foot) available for Week 13 December 1st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle/hip) not listed on Kansas City's Week 13 injury report December 1st, 2023
- Kansas City's Jerick McKinnon (groin) questionable in Week 13, expected to play December 1st, 2023
- Mecole Hardman (thumb) placed on Chiefs' injured reserve November 25th, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (ankle, hip) ruled out for Chiefs in Week 12 November 25th, 2023
- Kansas City's Jerick McKinnon (groin) out in Week 12 November 24th, 2023
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (thumb) questionable to return in Week 11 November 20th, 2023