Derek Carr signing 4-year deal with Saints
The New Orleans Saints are signing quarterback Derek Carr to a four-year contract, per multiple reports.
Carr will reunite with Saints head coach Dennis Allen, who drafted him with the No. 36 pick in 2014 as the head coach of the Las Vegas Raiders. He won't have Davante Adams to throw it up to anymore, but Carr will still benefit from having Chris Olave and Alvin Kamara on offense. Rashid Shaheed should get a boost with Carr, especially if the Saints decide to move on from Michael Thomas this offseason.
Carr averaged 15.5 FanDuel points per game last season, finishing 20th among quarterbacks that made multiple starts. He ranked 15th in Passing Net Expected points per drop back out of the 47 quarterbacks with 100-plus attempts. However, Carr had a career-high 2.8% interception rate that was 27th out of 33 qualifiers. He also had the worst completion percentage (60.8) since his rookie season (58.1), down from 66.1% in the seven years in-between.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Saints' Michael Thomas (toe) still recovering March 28th, 2023
- Jamaal Williams becoming member of Saints March 16th, 2023
- Saints bringing Michael Thomas back March 14th, 2023
- Jameis Winston re-signs with Saints on one-year deal March 13th, 2023
- Derek Carr signing 4-year deal with Saints March 6th, 2023
- Saints re-sign wide receiver Keith Kirkwood to 1-year deal February 17th, 2023