Bucs 'expected' to target quarterback Baker Mayfield as free agency opens
Ian Rapoport reports that the Tampa Bay Buccaneers are "expected" to target former Los Angeles Rams quarterback Baker Mayfield when free agency opens later this week.
Mayfield started the 2022 season as the quarterback for the Carolina Panthers before eventually ending up with the Rams by the end of the season. With Stafford (hopefully) returning for the 2023 season, the Rams did not re-sign Mayfield, but were able to help revitalize the former first-round pick's image across the league somewhat. Kyle Trask is the only quarterback currently under contract with the Bucs, so they should be expected to make some sort of move for another signal caller this offseason.
Mayfield struggled mightily as the Panthers' starter to open the season, but did seems to find a bit more footing with the Rams, helping lead an injury-riddled squad to two victories over their final five games. He completed 63.5% of his passes with Los Angeles for 850 yards, 4 touchdowns, and 2 interceptions.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Chase Edmonds signing with Buccaneers March 16th, 2023
- Baker Mayfield signs 1-year deal with Buccaneers March 15th, 2023
- Bucs 'expected' to target quarterback Baker Mayfield as free agency opens March 12th, 2023
- Pelissero: Buccaneers reportedly plan to release running back Leonard Fournette February 28th, 2023
- Tom Brady announces second retirement February 1st, 2023
- Buccaneers' Mike Evans (illness) logs full practice on Thursday January 12th, 2023