Texans sign Devin Singletary to one-year deal
The Houston Texans are signing former Buffalo Bills running back Devin Singletary to a one-year contract, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
Singletary operated as the Bills' primary back for the past three seasons, but always ceded carries to other backs while surrendering goal-line opportunities to quarterback Josh Allen. He'll get a fresh start with the Texans, whose backfield behind Dameon Pierce appears to be wide open.
Singletary never handled more than 188 carries in a single season for the Bills' pass-happy offense, and could mix in with Pierce for opportunities in 2023. He finished the 2022 season with 177 carries for 819 yards and 5 touchdowns.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Caserio: Texans' John Metchie III a 'full' participant in early offseason program April 30th, 2023
- Texans select C.J. Stroud with 2nd overall pick in 2023 NFL Draft April 27th, 2023
- Dalton Schultz to sign one-year deal with Houston March 20th, 2023
- Texans sign Devin Singletary to one-year deal March 20th, 2023
- Raiders sign tight end O.J. Howard in free agency March 20th, 2023
- Houston sends receiver Brandin Cooks to Dallas via trade March 19th, 2023