Dalton Schultz to sign one-year deal with Houston
The Houston Texans are signing tight end Dalton Schultz to a one-year contract worth up to $9 million, Tom Pelissero reports.
The Texans have struggled to find a consistent producer at the tight end position for over a decade, but the addition of Schultz to their offense could hopefully provide a reliable pass-catching option for whichever rookie quarterback the team drafts in the 2023 NFL Draft. The former Dallas Cowboy was able to find surprising production over the past three seasons with the team despite their crowded receiving rooms.
Schultz played on the franchise tag for the Cowboys last season, and his 57 catches for 577 yards and 5 touchdowns were his lowest receiving marks since 2019. Even in a down year, his 577 yards were more than a Texans tight end has produced in 10 years.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Caserio: Texans' John Metchie III a 'full' participant in early offseason program April 30th, 2023
- Texans select C.J. Stroud with 2nd overall pick in 2023 NFL Draft April 27th, 2023
- Dalton Schultz to sign one-year deal with Houston March 20th, 2023
- Texans sign Devin Singletary to one-year deal March 20th, 2023
- Raiders sign tight end O.J. Howard in free agency March 20th, 2023
- Houston sends receiver Brandin Cooks to Dallas via trade March 19th, 2023