Bills ink running back Damien Harris to one-year deal
The Buffalo Bills are signing former New England Patriots running back Damien Harris to a one-year contract, ESPN's Adam Schefter reports.
The Bills have had a need for a larger running back over the past few seasons after struggling to find a consistent short-yardage player in Devin Singletary, Zach Moss, and James Cook. Now, the former Patriot should be queued up to handle early down work while Cook adds an explosive element on passing downs.
Harris's 15 rushing touchdowns in 2021 were tied for the most in the league (behind only Jonathan Taylor), but the talented former third-round pick ceded significant work to teammate Rhamondre Stevenson in 2022 before the Patriots eventually allowed him to leave in free agency. He could have plenty of opportunities for goal line carries in the Bills' potent offense.
- Payton: Broncos "have a vision" for Greg Dulcich's role June 5th, 2023
- Laquon Treadwell signs 1-year deal with Ravens June 5th, 2023
- Vikings' Jalen Nailor 'continued to show up' in OTAs June 5th, 2023
- Giants' Parris Campbell showing 'early chemistry' with Daniel Jones June 5th, 2023
- Eagles' Rashaad Penny competing for roster spot June 5th, 2023
- Commanders' Jahan Dotson excited for 'explosive' offense in 2023 June 5th, 2023
- Buffalo's Gabriel Davis 'moving around a lot easier' in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Josh Allen (elbow) participating at Bills' OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Dalton Kincaid heads to Buffalo with 25th pick of the 2023 Draft April 27th, 2023
- Bills want Josh Allen (elbow) taking fewer hits in 2023 March 27th, 2023
- Bills ink running back Damien Harris to one-year deal March 20th, 2023
- Texans sign Devin Singletary to one-year deal March 20th, 2023