Bills want Josh Allen (elbow) taking fewer hits in 2023
Buffalo Bills head coach Sean McDermott told reporters that the team "has to get where it's workable," with regards to quarterback Josh Allen (elbow) taking hits in the 2023 season.
McDermott added that Allen's playmaking style, which often leads to him taking hits, is "never going to go completely away," but it does seem like the team will be more conscious of their star's health going forward. Allen suffered an elbow injury partway through the 2022 season that coincided with the team's offensive struggles down the stretch and into the playoffs, and their recent signing of Damien Harris seems to signal an effort on the team's part to take some of the physical burden off of Allen.
At 215lbs, Harris's size greatly differentiates him from the running backs the Bills have utilized since Allen's emergence; none of Devin Singletary, Zach Moss, Nyheim Hines, or James Cook have weighed more than 205lbs. As McDermott admits, the team won't be able to stop Allen from being the playmaker he naturally is, but Harris (who had 15 rushing touchdowns in 2021) should have fantasy value as the team's primary ball-carrier and red zone rusher in 2023.
- Packers' Luke Musgrave 'earning first team reps' June 1st, 2023
- Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023 June 1st, 2023
- Jets' Robert Saleh 'very optimistic' about Week 1 return for Breece Hall (ACL) June 1st, 2023
- Raiders significantly rework contract with Jimmy Garoppolo (foot) following failed physical May 28th, 2023
- Cardinals release wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins on Friday May 26th, 2023
- Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous' May 25th, 2023
- Buffalo's Gabriel Davis 'moving around a lot easier' in OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Josh Allen (elbow) participating at Bills' OTAs May 25th, 2023
- Dalton Kincaid heads to Buffalo with 25th pick of the 2023 Draft April 27th, 2023
- Bills want Josh Allen (elbow) taking fewer hits in 2023 March 27th, 2023
- Bills ink running back Damien Harris to one-year deal March 20th, 2023
- Texans sign Devin Singletary to one-year deal March 20th, 2023