Eagles' Jalen Hurts signs largest contract ever
The Philadelphia Eagles have signed quarterback Jalen Hurts to a five-year, $255 million contract with $179.3 million in guarantees.
The $255 million contract makes Hurts the highest-paid NFL player of all time, and locks him in as the Eagles' quarterback for the foreseeable future. The former second-round pick has improved in each of his three seasons since joining the league, and helped guide the Eagles to the Super Bowl this past season. With Hurts at the helm, the Eagles will likely remain one of the favorites to win the NFC in the 2023 season.
Hurts was a top-flight quarterback for fantasy football in his first two seasons due to his ability to provide value as a rusher, but finished the 2022 season as the QB1 in fantasy points per game (25.8) after making a strong leap as a passer in his third season. His 8.4 adjusted yards per pass attempt tied for the third-highest mark in the league, and his 1.7% interception rate tied for the fourth-best rate. He'll be among the first quarterbacks drafted in 2023 fantasy drafts.
- Joe Burrow (calf) considered day-to-day for Bengals September 21st, 2023
- Anthony Richardson (concussion) absent again Thursday for Colts September 21st, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (toe) still not practicing Thursday for Chiefs September 21st, 2023
- Colts' Evan Hull done for season with torn meniscus September 21st, 2023
- Bryce Young (ankle) sidelined again for Panthers Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Eagles' Quez Watkins (hamstring) out for rest of Week 2 game September 14th, 2023
- Eagles' Rashaad Penny officially active for Week 2 clash with Vikings September 14th, 2023
- Philadelphia's Kenneth Gainwell (ribs) ruled out for Week 2's Thursday contest against Vikings September 13th, 2023
- Kenneth Gainwell (ribs) likely out Thursday for Eagles September 13th, 2023
- Kenneth Gainwell (ribs) listed as DNP in Philadelphia's Tuesday injury report September 12th, 2023
- Eagles' Kenneth Gainwell operates as lead back in Week 1 September 11th, 2023