Alabama quarterback Bryce Young goes first overall to Carolina
The Carolina Panthers have selected Alabama quarterback Bryce Young with the first overall pick of the 2023 NFL Draft.
The Panthers made a massive trade with the Chicago Bears to move up to the first overall pick early on during the pre-draft process, and have now officially selected their quarterback of the future in Alabama's Bryce Young. The 2021 Heisman Award winner should line up to be Carolina's starting quarterback come Week 1 of the 2023 season.
Young's Heisman-winning 2021 season saw him completing 66.9% of his passes for 4,872 yards, 47 touchdowns, and just 7 interceptions, but some were even more impressed by his 2022 season. While Alabama missed the 2022 College Football Playoffs, Young still threw 32 touchdowns to 5 interceptions despite losing all four of his top pass-catchers from 2021. His presence should help boost a Panthers franchise that has been searching for an elite quarterback since the end of Cam Newton's tenure there.
- Jets see quarterback Zach Wilson 'taking the right steps' September 21st, 2023
- Bills' Latavius Murray on goal line usage: 'That's why I'm here' September 21st, 2023
- Giants' Saquon Barkley dealing with high ankle sprain September 21st, 2023
- Graziano: Bears' Roschon Johnson could see role grow after strong Week 2 September 21st, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP again on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Titans' Derrick Henry (toe, rest) DNP on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Panthers' Bryce Young (ankle) not expected to play in Week 3 September 21st, 2023
- Bryce Young (ankle) sidelined again for Panthers Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Panthers' Bryce Young (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- DJ Chark (hamstring) cleared for Panthers debut Monday September 18th, 2023
- D.J. Chark (hamstring) questionable Monday night for Panthers, expected to play September 16th, 2023
- Panthers' D.J. Chark (hamstring) limited on Thursday September 14th, 2023