Chiefs re-sign Jerick McKinnon
Kansas City Chiefs running back Jerick McKinnon signed a deal to remain with the team for the 2023-24 season.
McKinnon was expected to remain in Kansas City after the Chiefs chose not to add a running back in April's draft. McKinnon got off to a slow start for the Chiefs last season but closed the regular season strong. Starting in Week 13, McKinnon caught eight touchdowns over Kansas City's final six games. With questions are wide receiver for the Chiefs entering the year, look for McKinnon to remain involved in the passing game out of the backfield. On Tuesday, the Chiefs declined to exercise Clyde Edwards-Helaire's fifth-year option.
McKinnon finished the 2022-23 season with 291 rushing yards and 1 rushing touchdown on 71 attempts with 56 receptions on 71 targets for 512 receiving yards and 9 receiving touchdowns.
- Chargers' Donald Parham diagnosed with wrist sprain October 3rd, 2023
- Jahan Dotson (ankle) listed as limited in Commanders' Tuesday injury report October 3rd, 2023
- Luke Musgrave (concussion) active at Packers practice October 3rd, 2023
- Washington's Curtis Samuel (quad) limited on Tuesday October 3rd, 2023
- Steelers' Kenny Pickett (knee) scheduled to practice Wednesday October 3rd, 2023
- Pat Freiermuth (hamstring) 'very doubtful' for Steelers October 3rd, 2023
- Chiefs' Kadarius Toney (toe) good to go for Week 4 September 29th, 2023
- Kadarius Toney (toe) practicing in limited fashion for Chiefs Thursday September 28th, 2023
- Patrick Mahomes (ankle) practicing in full for Chiefs September 28th, 2023
- Chiefs' Kadarius Toney (toe) will play in Week 3 September 24th, 2023
- Chiefs' Isiah Pacheco (hamstring) active in Week 3 September 24th, 2023
- Schefter: Chiefs' Isiah Pacheco (hamstring) expected to play in Week 3 September 24th, 2023