Jonathan Taylor (ankle) sidelined for Colts OTAs, planning for training camp return
Indianapolis Colts running back Jonathan Taylor (ankle) is aiming to be fully healthy when the team opens its official training camp programs.
Taylor has been present but inactive at the Colts' early OTAs while he continues to rehab the ankle he had offseason surgery on. The ankle injury severely limited the star running back in 2022, restricting him to just 11 games while he averaged a career-low 4.5 yards per carry. By all accounts we've heard so far, Taylor should be 100% healthy heading into the 2023 season.
The Colts should be looking to lean on Taylor again in the 2023 season, especially as they work first-round pick Anthony Richardson into the mix. With Taylor and Richardson threatening opposing defenses on the ground, the Colts will have an opportunity to field a truly exciting offense under new head coach Shane Steichen this season.
- Jets see quarterback Zach Wilson 'taking the right steps' September 21st, 2023
- Bills' Latavius Murray on goal line usage: 'That's why I'm here' September 21st, 2023
- Giants' Saquon Barkley dealing with high ankle sprain September 21st, 2023
- Graziano: Bears' Roschon Johnson could see role grow after strong Week 2 September 21st, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP again on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Titans' Derrick Henry (toe, rest) DNP on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Anthony Richardson (concussion) absent again Thursday for Colts September 21st, 2023
- Colts' Evan Hull done for season with torn meniscus September 21st, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson officially in concussion protocol September 18th, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson (concussion) will not return in Week 2 September 17th, 2023
- Colts' Anthony Richardson being evaluated for concussion; Gardner Minshew in September 17th, 2023