Geno Smith: Seahawks' Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) going to be 'tremendous'
Seattle Seahawks quarterback Geno Smith told The Athletic's Michael-Shawn Dugar that wide receiver Jaxon Smith-Njigba (hamstring) "is going to be a tremendous player."
Smith-Njigba was kept out of the Seahawks' rookie minicamp while they monitor the hamstring issue that forced him to miss most of his final season at Ohio State, but the team's starting quarterback sang the first-round pick's praises after witnessing him participate in OTAs. "Jaxon’s been tremendous so far, and I’m looking forward to seeing him grow," he told Dugar after OTAs.
Smith-Njigba's sophomore season at Ohio State thrust him into the national spotlight after he out-produced future first-round picks Chris Olave and Garrett Wilson in the Buckeyes' high-flying offense. He finished that season with 95 catches for 1,606 yards and 9 touchdowns, and should join D.K. Metcalf and Tyler Lockett in the Seahawks' starting lineup before long.
- Saints: Derek Carr (shoulder) considered week-to-week September 25th, 2023
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman dealing with hamstring injury ahead of Week 4 September 25th, 2023
- Joe Burrow (calf) on track to play Monday for Bengals September 25th, 2023
- Raiders' Jimmy Garoppolo enters concussion protocol following Week 3 loss September 25th, 2023
- Derek Carr (shoulder) expected to return this season for Saints September 25th, 2023
- Chargers' Mike Williams out for season with torn ACL September 25th, 2023
- Kenneth Walker scores twice in Seahawks' Week 3 win September 24th, 2023
- Schultz: Seattle's DK Metcalf (ribs) will play in Week 3's matchup against Carolina September 23rd, 2023
- Seattle's DK Metcalf (ribs) questionable in Week 3 September 22nd, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP again on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Seahawks' D.K. Metcalf (ribs) DNP on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Update: D.K. Metcalf (ribs) returns for Seahawks in Week 2 September 17th, 2023