Browns 'want to get' wide receiver Elijah Moore the ball in 2023
The Athletic's Zac Jackson reports that the Cleveland Browns have been making heavy use of wideout Elijah Moore and "want to get him the ball" in 2023.
Moore had an impressive rookie season with the Jets before falling out of favor in their offense in 2022. The Browns acquired the former second round pick from the Jets via trade, and already appear to be impressed with his skillset from his performance during OTAs. Jackson added that the Browns have been feeding Moore in the passing game already, and that the third-year receiver is establishing a connection with quarterback Deshaun Watson.
Moore thrived as the Jets' go-to guy for stretches as a rookie. When the team used him as their WR1 between Weeks 6 and 11 that year, he rewarded them with 34 catches for 459 yards and 5 touchdowns. He'll vie for targets with Amari Cooper and Donovan Peoples-Jones in 2023, but should get more opportunities than he did with the Jets last season.
- Saints: Derek Carr (shoulder) considered week-to-week September 25th, 2023
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman dealing with hamstring injury ahead of Week 4 September 25th, 2023
- Joe Burrow (calf) on track to play Monday for Bengals September 25th, 2023
- Raiders' Jimmy Garoppolo enters concussion protocol following Week 3 loss September 25th, 2023
- Derek Carr (shoulder) expected to return this season for Saints September 25th, 2023
- Chargers' Mike Williams out for season with torn ACL September 25th, 2023
- Schefter: Cleveland's Nick Chubb believed to have suffered a torn MCL, projected recovery around 6-to-8 months September 23rd, 2023
- Amari Cooper (shoulder/groin) not listed on Cleveland's Week 3 injury report September 22nd, 2023
- Kareem Hunt will play in Cleveland's Week 3 matchup against Titans September 22nd, 2023
- Browns' Amari Cooper (groin, shoulder) limited on Thursday September 21st, 2023
- Browns' Amari Cooper (groin, shoulder) DNP on Wednesday September 20th, 2023
- Browns sign Kareem Hunt to one-year deal September 20th, 2023