Wayne: Colts' Alec Pierce' 'time will come'
Indianapolis Colts receivers coach Reggie Wayne expressed confidence in second-year receiver Alec Pierce, stating that Pierce's "time will come."
Wayne added that he was not concerned about the former second-round pick and that Pierce is "confident in his ability." Rookie quarterback Anthony Richardson explained that the team did have deep shots dialed up for Pierce during their Week 1 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, but that their protections schemes fell apart before those routes could develop. Pierce is an athletic receiver with big-play upside, but his good games may be too unpredictable for fantasy managers' likings with the Colts this season.
Pierce caught 1 of his 3 targets for 5 yards in Week 1, resulting in a single fantasy point for his efforts. Things could look a little better against the Houston Texans in Week 2, though, and numberFire's models project him for 2.6 catches for 34.6 yards and 0.2 touchdowns for 5.8 fantasy points. He has a $5,100 salary on FanDuel.
- Wilson: Houston's Noah Brown (knee) expected to play in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Giants list Daniel Bellinger (illness) as questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- New York's Parris Campbell (knee) questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Schultz: Seattle's Geno Smith (groin) 'tracking to be a game-time decision' in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Derrick Henry (rest) good to go in Week 14 for Titans December 9th, 2023
- Buffalo's Dawson Knox (wrist) activated off injured reserve on Saturday December 9th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (thumb) remains for Colts in Week 14 December 8th, 2023
- Jonathan Taylor (thumb) expected to miss 3-5 weeks for Colts December 3rd, 2023
- Colts' Zack Moss set for increased role with Jonathan Taylor (thumb) sidelined November 28th, 2023
- Colts' Jonathan Taylor needs thumb surgery, 'hopeful' to return in 2-to-3 weeks November 28th, 2023
- Rapoport: Jonathan Taylor suffers thumb injury in Colts' Week 12 win, 'status in doubt going forward' November 28th, 2023
- Alec Pierce (ankle) cleared for Colts' Week 10 game November 12th, 2023