Jets hope Zach Wilson will benefit from tutelage under Aaron Rodgers (Achilles)
The New York Jets are hoping that the relationship Zach Wilson and Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) fostered this offseason will have positive effects on Wilson's growth as a quarterback.
The Jets were expecting Aaron Rodgers (Achilles) to handle their quarterbacking duties for the 2023 season, but will now change their expectations to hopes that Rodgers was able to help steer third-year quarterback Zach Wilson in the right direction during their time together. From most reports it does seem as though Wilson and Rodgers developed a strong bond this offseason, but we will need to wait and see whether that bond translates into improved quarterback play from Wilson.
Wilson was almost singlehandedly responsible for keeping the Jets out of the playoffs in 2022, averaging an anemic 4.97 adjusted net yards per attempt that year. He did not look much better in Week 1 this year in relief of Rodgers against the Bills' solid defense, and could feasibly crumble against the Dallas Cowboys' elite defense in Week 2. He is numberFire's QB32 for Week 2, dead last among starting quarterbacks.
- Zach Charbonnet (knee) DNP for Seattle on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Seattle's Kenneth Walker (oblique) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Patrick Beverley coming off Philadelphia's bench on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (illness) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- C.J. Beathard (shoulder) limited for Jacksonville on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Rams' Tyler Higbee (neck) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Jets' Breece Hall (ankle) DNP on Wednesday December 6th, 2023
- Jets name Zach Wilson as starter for Week 14 clash with Texans December 6th, 2023
- Jets release quarterback Tim Boyle on Tuesday December 5th, 2023
- Trevor Siemian in at quarterback for Jets in Week 13; Tim Boyle benched December 3rd, 2023
- Jets' Dalvin Cook (shoulder) active for Week 13 December 3rd, 2023
- Breece Hall (hamstring) good to go for Jets' Week 13 tilt December 3rd, 2023