Giants' Saquon Barkley dealing with high ankle sprain
New York Giants running back Saquon Barkley confirmed to Taylor Rooks via NFL on Prime that he is recovering from a high ankle sprain.
Barkley has already been ruled out for tonight's game against the San Francisco 49ers, but told Rooks he is optimistic about his chances to return in Week 4 after the long week of rest. We've seen high ankle sprains severely limit otherwise outstanding NFL players in the past -- including Barkley himself -- so this will absolutely be a situation worth monitoring. The star running back was notably not placed on the injured reserve, which would have required him to sit out for the next four games. It's a small comfort, but it does imply that the team expects him to return sooner rather than later.
Barkley will try his best to return to the field as soon as possible, but in the meantime teammate Matt Breida will be expected to carry the load for the Giants. Our models project Breida for 7 fantasy points against the San Francisco 49ers in Week 3.
- Browns opting not to name starting quarterback before Week 14 kickoff December 10th, 2023
- Jets' Breece Hall (ankle) cleared to play in Week 14 December 10th, 2023
- Tyler Higbee (neck) ruled out for Rams in Week 14 December 10th, 2023
- Saints' Juwan Johnson (quad) active in Week 14 December 10th, 2023
- Travis Etienne (ribs) cleared for Jaguars in Week 14 December 10th, 2023
- Taysom Hill (foot, hand) inactive for New Orleans in Week 14 December 10th, 2023
- Giants list Daniel Bellinger (illness) as questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- New York's Parris Campbell (knee) questionable in Week 14 December 9th, 2023
- Giants' Darren Waller (hamstring) hoping for Week 15 return December 6th, 2023
- Giants will start Tommy DeVito at quarterback in Week 14 December 5th, 2023
- Giants open 21-day practice window for Tyrod Taylor (ribs) ahead of Week 14 December 4th, 2023
- Tyrod Taylor (ribs) returning to Giants practice Monday December 4th, 2023