Rafael Bush is clear leader for Lions' strong safety job
Detroit Lions safety Rafael Bush is the "clear leader in the clubhouse" for the Lions' starting strong safety job, MLive reports.
Glover Quin is locked in as the starting free safety, but there is a fairly open competition between Bush, Tavon Wilson, and rookie Miles Killebrew brewing at the other safety spot. Bush appears to have the early lead, but he has struggled to stay healthy throughout his career. Killebrew was drafted to be the team's the future at the position, and it would not be surprising to see him makes starts this year.
The Lions ranked 25th in the league in Adjusted Passing Defensive Net Expected Points (NEP) per play and 22nd in the league in Adjusted Defensive Rushing NEP per play in 2015.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Bills' Zack Moss officially active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Buffalo's Emmanuel Sanders (hamstring) fully practices on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Zack Moss praised by Bills for practice performance September 17th, 2021
- Bills' Gabriel Davis (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Bills' Emmanuel Sanders (foot) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021