Cowboys' Anthony Hitchens expected to replace Rolando McClain
Dallas Cowboys strong-side linebacker Anthony Hitchens is expected to replace suspended middle linebacker Rolando McClain.
Hitchens started five games in place of McClain last year. He’ll likely get the majority of McClain’s snaps at the MIKE in base sets, with Sean Lee staying on the weak side. Dallas has Andrew Gachkar and Mark Nzeocha behind Hitchens, who may form a committee at the vacated strong-side position.
Prior to his suspension, our algorithms projected McClain for 102.67 tackles, 2.13 sacks, and 2.96 passes defensed. Hitchens should pick that projection up, while Gachkar or Nzeocha receive or split his projected 80.17 tackles, 1.92 sacks, and 2.44 passes defensed.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Tyreek Hill goes for 201 all-purpose yards in Chiefs' wild win September 12th, 2021
- Kyler Murray dominates Titans in Cardinals' blowout victory September 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) practices in full Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) logs full practice on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) limited on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) expected to play in Week 1 September 6th, 2021