D.J. Hayden and T.J. Carrie competing for Raiders' slot corner gig
Oakland Raiders cornerbacks D.J. Hayden and T.J. Carrie are battling for the starting nickel back position.
Neiko Thorpe will join the mix at slot corner when he returns from injury. Carrie enters training camp as the favorite after starting 14 games last season. The Raiders declined Hayden's fifth-year option, so this is his last chance to impress the team on his rookie deal.
Our algorithms project Hayden for 20.04 tackles and 1.12 interceptions this year, while we expect Carrie to have 14.07 stops and 0.70 picks. Thorpe projects to have 22.37 tackles and 0.82 interceptions.
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Miami's Will Fuller (personal) absent on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021
- Travis Etienne (foot) questionable to return to Jags' Monday night game August 23rd, 2021
- Jaguars' Trevor Lawrence poised and comfortable in preseason debut August 15th, 2021