Mark Nzeocha could provide linebacker relief for Cowboys
Dallas Cowboys linebacker Mark Nzeocha could be an option at middle linebacker for the team, DallasCowboys.com suggests.
With starter Rolando McClain suspended for the first 10 games of the season and not guaranteed to return once the ban is over, the Cowboys need to find a reliable starter in the middle. Starting strong-side linebacker Anthony Hitchens and journeyman reserve Andrew Gachkar should get the first crack, but 2015 seventh-rounder Nzeocha will get reps as well. If all three fail to secure the spot, the Cowboys could look to bring in a veteran free agent.
Nzeocha was active for two games in 2015, but accrued no statistics. Prior to his suspension, our algorithms projected McClain for 102.67 tackles, 2.13 sacks, and 2.96 passes defensed. Hitchens should pick that projection up, while Gachkar or Nzeocha receive or split his projected 80.17 tackles, 1.92 sacks, and 2.44 passes defensed.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Jets' Tevin Coleman (illness) out for Week 3's matchup against Denver September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper has bruised ribs September 20th, 2021
- Tony Pollard splits Cowboys carries, rushes for 109 yards with touchdown September 20th, 2021
- CeeDee Lamb paces Cowboys with 8 catches, 81 yards September 20th, 2021