Jets waive Zac Stacy and sign Bernard Pierce
The New York Jets signed running back Bernard Pierce after waiving Zac Stacy due to a failed physical.
Stacy is still working his way back from a broken ankle that was suffered last season, but the Jets are more willing to roll with the suspended Bernard Pierce on the training camp roster. Pierce is suspended for the first two weeks of the season, but is eligible to participate in camp and preseason. He's no lock to make the final 53-man roster either, as the Jets are already pretty deep at running back.
Before today, our algorithms projected Stacy to turn eight carries into 28 rushing yards in 2016, while catching four passes for 29 yards through the air. Pierce isn't likely to do much more than that.
- Falcons place Cordarrelle Patterson (knee) on IR October 3rd, 2022
- Teddy Bridgewater to start at quarterback for Dolphins in Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Giants optimistic Daniel Jones (ankle) plays Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa (concussion) out for Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Julio Jones 'nicked up' for Buccaneers in return October 3rd, 2022
- Jonathan Taylor (ankle) could play for Colts Thursday night October 3rd, 2022
- Jets' Zach Wilson (knee) cleared to play, will start Week 4 September 28th, 2022
- Jets' Garrett Wilson (ribs) questionable to return in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Jets' Corey Davis (knee) cleared for action in Week 3 September 25th, 2022
- Jets' Corey Davis (knee) limited on Thursday September 22nd, 2022
- Garrett Wilson 'excited' about Jets following comeback victory September 19th, 2022
- Jets' Braxton Berrios (heel) active for Week 2 September 18th, 2022