Jets waive Zac Stacy and sign Bernard Pierce
The New York Jets signed running back Bernard Pierce after waiving Zac Stacy due to a failed physical.
Stacy is still working his way back from a broken ankle that was suffered last season, but the Jets are more willing to roll with the suspended Bernard Pierce on the training camp roster. Pierce is suspended for the first two weeks of the season, but is eligible to participate in camp and preseason. He's no lock to make the final 53-man roster either, as the Jets are already pretty deep at running back.
Before today, our algorithms projected Stacy to turn eight carries into 28 rushing yards in 2016, while catching four passes for 29 yards through the air. Pierce isn't likely to do much more than that.
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Texans acquire Anthony Miller in trade with Bears July 25th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Denzel Mims working behind Keelan Cole at Jets camp June 14th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder, Jets rework contract June 14th, 2021
- Michael Carter flashing pass-catching chops for Jets June 7th, 2021
- Jets "love the progress" Zach Wilson has made June 7th, 2021
- Jets' Elijah Moore turning heads in OTAs June 7th, 2021