Ravens' Bronson Kaufusi suffers season-ending broken ankle
Ravens third-round DE Bronson Kaufusi suffered a broken ankle on Thursday.
Kaufusi was the 70th overall pick back in April. A massive 6'6", weighing 285 pounds, Kaufusi was expected to compete for a starting defensive end job and provide a pass rush up front next to Timmy Jernigan and Brandon Williams. He's looking at a 3-4 month recovery period and is likely to land on season-ending I.R. The Ravens will now turn to Lawrence Guy, Kapron Lewis-Moore and Brent Urban at end.
Our algorithms project Guy for 44.02 tackles and 4.69 sacks in 2016. Baltimore's 0.13 Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play ranked 17th in the league last year.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021