DeAndre Washington in control of Raiders' number-two back gig
Oakland Raiders running back DeAndre Washington has "grabbed hold" of the Raiders' number-two running back job, reports the San Francisco Chronicle.
Washington has scooted past Taiwan Jones after being listed behind him on the Raiders' initial depth chart. He also played behind 2012 undrafted free agent Jamize Olawale in the preseason opener, but the rookie fifth-round pick appears to be leading the competition for running duties behind starter Latavius Murray. There was also talk about UDFA Jalen Richard putting some pressure on Washington, but that has subsided after a knee injury forced Richard to sit out a handful of practices. Washington compiled 75 yards on nine touches in the Raiders' first exhibition contest. He is an intriguing option in the later rounds as a fourth or fifth running back with plenty of upside if Murray were to suffer an injury.
Our algorithms project Washington for a solid role in Oakland's backfield this year, with 104 carries for 396 rush yards and 2.15 touchdowns, to go with 38 receptions for 292 yards receiving and 1.19 scores.
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) questionable for Sunday's playoff matchup against Chiefs January 17th, 2020
- George Kittle practicing in full Thursday for San Francisco January 16th, 2020
- Browns' Odell Beckham under arrest for touching officer January 16th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (ankle) DNP on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Packers' Geronimo Allison not seen at practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Titans' Adam Humphries (ankle) returns to practice on Wednesday January 15th, 2020
- Oakland's Josh Jacobs (shoulder) will not play in Week 17's matchup against Denver December 28th, 2019
- Rapoport: Raiders' Josh Jacobs (shoulder, skin infection) not expected to play in Week 17 December 27th, 2019
- Oakland's Josh Jacobs (shoulder) out on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (shoulder) participates in Tuesday walkthrough December 24th, 2019
- Derek Carr completes 87% of his passes in Raiders' win Sunday December 23rd, 2019
- Raiders' Hunter Renfrow (ribs) not listed on final Week 16 injury report December 20th, 2019