Cardinals unsure who will start at cornerback opposite Patrick Peterson
Cardinals team reporter Darren Urban says the starting cornerback job opposite Patrick Peterson is "far from settled."
It will likely come down to either rookie Brandon Williams or special teams star Justin Bethel, though head coach Bruce Arians has called offseason signing Mike Jenkins a "sleeper." Urban conceded that if the season started today, Williams would likely get the nod over Bethel, who has spent most of camp recovering from a foot injury.
Whoever earns this job will be targeted frequently this year and could be a nice Individual Defensive Player (IDP) in fantasy, as teams tend to avoid throwing in Peterson's direction. The Cardinals ranked eighth in Adjusted Defensive Passing NEP per play in 2015.
- Chiefs, DeAndre Washington agree to one-year contract April 8th, 2020
- Seahawks re-sign Jordan Simmons April 8th, 2020
- Falcons' John Cominsky to have increased role April 8th, 2020
- A.J. Green 'fully healthy' for Bengals April 8th, 2020
- Bengals' Drew Sample expected to make 'significant jump' April 8th, 2020
- Chargers could deal Desmond King April 8th, 2020
- Kenyan Drake reportedly keeping things in Arizona next season March 26th, 2020
- Cardinals, Brett Hundley agree to one-year contract March 22nd, 2020
- Devon Kennard headed to Arizona on three-year contract March 18th, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins reportedly traded from Texans to Cardinals March 16th, 2020
- Schefter: Cardinals dealing David Johnson to Texans March 16th, 2020
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray named 2019 Offensive Rookie of the Year February 1st, 2020