Colts' Henry Anderson (knee) ruled out for Week 1 tilt with Lions
Indianapolis Colts defensive end Henry Anderson (knee) has been ruled out for Week 1 against the Detroit Lions.
As expected. Anderson is still working his way back from a torn ACL. With Anderson out, the Colts will now be without their best defensive lineman and best cornerback -- Vontae Davis. Top edge rusher Robert Mathis is 35 years old and Kendall Langford is also dealing with injuries. The Lions' Matthew Stafford is a strong play this week at quarterback.
Our algorithms project Stafford for 269 passing yards, 1.62 touchdowns, and 0.80 interceptions on 37 attempts in Week 1. The Colts' defense, once a matchup sleeper this week, are a fantasy unit to avoid. They rank 14th-best in our projections as of now, but that could slip. There are better options out there.
- Derrick Henry dominates for 3 scores in Titans' comeback victory September 19th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021