Rams' Trumaine Johnson diagnosed with high-ankle sprain
Los Angeles Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson will be sidelined a "few weeks" with a high-ankle sprain, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
After a fracture was ruled out, a high-ankle sprain became the most likely diagnosis, and it essentially guarantees Johnson will miss multiple games. The Rams supported that notion by claiming cornerback Dwayne Gratz off waivers. E.J. Gaines and Troy Hill will see more play in the meantime, but replacing Johnson will be a tall task for the Rams secondary.
Johnson has tallied 22 tackles, with nine deflected passes, one interception and one recovered fumble through five games this season. He's been one of the best corners in the NFL so far in 2016, helping the Rams to a ninth-overall ranking in Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) inactive for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) limited for Jets Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (COVID) could return for Jets in Week 2 September 13th, 2021