Rams' Trumaine Johnson diagnosed with high-ankle sprain
Los Angeles Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson will be sidelined a "few weeks" with a high-ankle sprain, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL.com.
After a fracture was ruled out, a high-ankle sprain became the most likely diagnosis, and it essentially guarantees Johnson will miss multiple games. The Rams supported that notion by claiming cornerback Dwayne Gratz off waivers. E.J. Gaines and Troy Hill will see more play in the meantime, but replacing Johnson will be a tall task for the Rams secondary.
Johnson has tallied 22 tackles, with nine deflected passes, one interception and one recovered fumble through five games this season. He's been one of the best corners in the NFL so far in 2016, helping the Rams to a ninth-overall ranking in Adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points allowed per play.
- Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger (elbow) 'about 2.5-3 months' from total clearance February 23rd, 2020
- Bears reportedly release Taylor Gabriel on Friday February 21st, 2020
- Redskins reportedly release Jordan Reed on Thursday February 20th, 2020
- Schefter: Seahawks reportedly sign tight end Greg Olsen to one-year contract on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Eagles reportedly release linebacker Nigel Bradham on Tuesday February 18th, 2020
- Drew Brees returning to Saints in 2020 February 18th, 2020
- Jets will 'listen' to Le'Veon Bell trade offers December 31st, 2019
- Jets' Quincy Enunwa diagnosed with spinal stenosis December 30th, 2019
- Le'Veon Bell's future with Jets uncertain December 30th, 2019
- Jets' Robby Anderson (calf) active for Week 17 December 29th, 2019
- Jets' Robby Anderson (calf) estimated limited participant on Wednesday December 25th, 2019
- Robby Anderson (illness) questionable for Jets in Week 16 December 20th, 2019