Ameer Abdullah (foot) not expected to return for Lions this season
Detroit Lions running back Ameer Abdullah (foot, injured reserve) is unlikely to return this season with linebacker Jon Bostic (foot, injured reserve) increasing his activity this week.
The Lions will only be able to bring one of the two back from injured reserve, and Bostic appears to have earned that designation. Abdullah was never really expected to return in 2016, but those who were clinging on to him in redraft leagues can now let the rope loose.
The Lions offense ranks third in the NFL this season in Adjusted Passing Net Expected Points (NEP) per play. The defense ranks dead last in Adjusted Defensive NEP allowed per play.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- K.J. Osborn leads Vikings receivers in loss September 20th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) likely out for year September 1st, 2021
- Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets August 31st, 2021
- Minnesota's Tyler Conklin (hamstring) practicing on Monday August 30th, 2021
- Vikings' Tyler Conklin (hamstring) expected back this week August 30th, 2021
- Minnesota's Irv Smith (meniscus) reportedly expected to miss start of regular season August 29th, 2021