Connor Barwin reunites with Wade Phillips and Rams
The Los Angeles Rams signed outside linebacker Connor Barwin, formerly of the Philadelphia Eagles, to a one-year contract.
Barwin played defensive end in the Eagles' 4-3 defense last season to little success, but has plenty of experience in the 3-4, including with new Rams defensive coordinator Wade Phillips. Going on 31, Barwin has slowed a bit in recent years, but notched at least five sacks each of his four seasons in Philadelphia. He's a workout freak who stays in shape and is a needed addition for a Rams pass rush that lacks bodies.
The Rams were 18th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) listed as questionable on Giants' Week 3 injury report September 24th, 2021
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Darin Ruf out of San Francisco's Saturday lineup against Atlanta September 18th, 2021
- Saquon Barkley plays 84% of snaps in Giants loss September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021