Robert Quinn will still play defensive end in Rams' nickel packages
Los Angeles Rams edge rusher Robert Quinn will play outside linebacker in the team's new 3-4 defense, but he is going to be a down lineman in nickel situations.
New head coach Sean McVay compared Quinn's expected 2017 usage to DeMarcus Ware's in Denver with the Broncos, saying he'll play "Will" linebacker but "be treated like a rush end." The key to Quinn's season will be his health, not his "new" position. Turning 27 next month, Quinn has appeared in just 17 games over the past two years.
The Rams were 18th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (back) limited for Bears again Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign wide receiver Breshad Perriman to 1-year deal September 2nd, 2021
- Tarik Cohen (knee) placed on PUP list, to miss Bears' first 6 games August 31st, 2021
- Bears' Tarik Cohen (knee) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Rams August 29th, 2021