Rams looking to sign Aaron Donald to long-term extension
The Los Angeles Rams are "very interested" in signing defensive tackle Aaron Donald to a long-term extension this summer, ESPN reporter Alden Gonzalez reports.
According to Gonzalez, it will probably require the Rams making Donald the league's highest-paid defensive player. We would agree with that take. The Rams exercised Donald's fifth-year team option for 2018, putting him under contract for roughly $8.5 million total the next two years, but general manager Les Snead admitted at the Combine "there's no doubt" that Donald "deserves a raise." He'll be getting a hefty one.
The Rams were 18th in opponent-adjusted Defensive Passing Net Expected Points per play in 2016.
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) ruled out of Week 3 Sunday night September 26th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) officially inactive for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) unlikely to play Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rams holding Darrell Henderson out with rib injury September 23rd, 2021
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021