Zach Miller's roster spot with Bears in jeopardy
Chicago Bears tight end Zach Miller's roster spot could be in jeopardy, the Chicago Tribune's Brad Biggs believes.
Biggs believes Daniel Brown, who worked in Miller's role while the veteran was sidelined with a foot injury during the offseason program, will push Miller for a job during camp. If Miller is healthy he will likely have an easy role, but he is no lock to be ready for the field at the start of camp and not a great bet to stay healthy after that point either. Even if he keeps his job out of camp, Miller's days in Chicago are numbered; the Bears signed Dion Sims and drafted Adam Shaheen this offseason, and the 32-year-old Miller will become a free agent after the season.
Our models project Miller as the 12th-best fantasy tight end this year, with 650 receiving yards and 5.24 touchdowns on 58 catches in 2017.
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021
- Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields filling in for Andy Dalton (questionable, knee) September 19th, 2021
- Bears' Andy Dalton (knee) headed to locker room; Justin Fields in at quarterback September 19th, 2021