Rams' Tavon Austin expected to have role similar to last season's
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin will be used similarly to the way he was last year, according to general manager Les Snead.
While the Rams' offense will likely change under new coach Sean McVay, it looks like Austin will continue to be used as more of a gimmick than a series receiving threat. Even if the type of looks he gets are the same as last year, he's not likely to repeat the 106 targets he saw, as newly acquired Sammy Watkins will likely command a hefty market share in the Rams' passing game.
numberFire's models project Austin to turn 95 targets into 49 receptions, 522 yards and 2.8 touchdowns. He is our 61st-ranked fantasy wideout.
- Giants place Sterling Shepard (turf toe) on IR September 23rd, 2020
- Rapoport: Justin Herbert likely to start Week 3 for Chargers September 23rd, 2020
- Dion Lewis considered 'best bet' to be Giants' top back September 23rd, 2020
- Drew Brees admits Saints aren't 'totally in sync' September 22nd, 2020
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (head) says he's healthy September 22nd, 2020
- Titans' A.J. Brown (knee) remains uncertain for Week 3 September 22nd, 2020
- 49ers expect Tevin Coleman (knee) to miss about 4 weeks September 23rd, 2020
- Nick Mullens 'most likely' the 49ers' Week 3 starter September 23rd, 2020
- Jeff Wilson 'could see most action' for 49ers versus Giants September 23rd, 2020
- 49ers confirm Nick Bosa suffered torn ACL September 21st, 2020
- Jimmy Garoppolo (high ankle sprain) week to week for 49ers September 21st, 2020
- 49ers Tevin Coleman (knee) expected to miss several weeks September 21st, 2020