Rams' Tavon Austin expected to have role similar to last season's
Los Angeles Rams wide receiver Tavon Austin will be used similarly to the way he was last year, according to general manager Les Snead.
While the Rams' offense will likely change under new coach Sean McVay, it looks like Austin will continue to be used as more of a gimmick than a series receiving threat. Even if the type of looks he gets are the same as last year, he's not likely to repeat the 106 targets he saw, as newly acquired Sammy Watkins will likely command a hefty market share in the Rams' passing game.
numberFire's models project Austin to turn 95 targets into 49 receptions, 522 yards and 2.8 touchdowns. He is our 61st-ranked fantasy wideout.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Meyer: Jaguars' D.J. Chark (hand) will be ready for Week 1 August 31st, 2021
- Jacksonville's Marvin Jones (shoulder) 'expected to be full-go' for regular season opener August 25th, 2021
- Jaguars place Travis Etienne (foot) on injured reserve August 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jaguars' Travis Etienne suffered Lisfranc injury August 24th, 2021
- Travis Etienne (foot) questionable to return to Jags' Monday night game August 23rd, 2021
- Jaguars' Trevor Lawrence poised and comfortable in preseason debut August 15th, 2021