Alfred Blue still second on Texans' depth chart
Houston Texans running back Alfred Blue remains the top backup to Lamar Miller.
In Saturday's preseason game against the New England Patriots, Blue got the call to replace Miller on the Texans' second drive. He finished with a team-high 20 yards on 5 rush attempts, but most notable was that he saw snaps ahead of both Tyler Ervin and third-round rookie D'Onta Foreman, who has created plenty of hype this summer. If you're into the handcuff business, then Blue appears to be the best insurance for Lamar Miller, but Foreman's role figures to grow as the year goes on.
numberFire's models project Blue for 42.6 carries for 159.6 yards and 0.93 touchdowns, as well as 7.7 receptions for 53.9 yards and 0.13 touchdowns through the air this year. He is our 80th-ranked fantasy running back.
- Jameis Winston (thumb) expected to play again for Buccaneers this season December 9th, 2019
- Gunn: Philadelphia's Nelson Agholor (knee) out for Monday night's matchup against Giants December 9th, 2019
- Jordan Howard (shoulder) ruled out for Eagles Monday night December 9th, 2019
- Rashaad Penny (knee) officially done for Seahawks this season December 9th, 2019
- Jets' Le'Veon Bell (illness) 'pretty close to 100 percent' December 9th, 2019
- T.Y. Hilton (calf) still week-to-week for Colts December 9th, 2019
- D.J. Chark (foot) 'week-to-week or day-to-day' for Jaguars December 9th, 2019
- Jaguars' D.J. Chark (foot) seen in walking boot December 9th, 2019
- Myles Jack (knee) placed on Jaguars IR December 5th, 2019
- Gardner Minshew to take back over Jaguars' starting duties in Week 14 December 2nd, 2019
- Jaguars' Gardner Minshew replaces Nick Foles in third quarter of Week 13's game against Tampa Bay December 1st, 2019
- Jaguars not considering benching Nick Foles, coach says November 25th, 2019