Rams not ruling out Aaron Donald for Week 1
Los Angeles Rams head coach Sean McVay won't rule out defensive lineman Aaron Donald for Week 1 against the Indianapolis Colts.
“He is not ruled out, but right now he’s not here," McVay said. "I’m optimistic that we’re going to continue to work to find a solution. That being said, if we’re not able to, the game goes on Sunday at 1 o’clock." Donald hasn't been with the team since the start of training camp in late July as a means of leverage while he tries to negotiate a contract extension. As of now, there doesn't seem to be any indication that the two sides will be able to get a deal done.
If he does suit up in Week 1 against Scott Tolzien and the Colts, numberFire's models project Donald to make 3.8 tackles and 0.6 sacks with 0.2 pass deflections and 0.1 forced fumbles.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Darrell Henderson (rib cartilage) still in play for Rams in Week 3 September 20th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) questionable to return in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Rams: Darrell Henderson still set for significant role August 26th, 2021
- Rams acquire Sony Michel from Patriots for pair of picks August 25th, 2021