Buccaneers' Lavonte David diagnosed with high-ankle sprain
Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David has been officially diagnosed with a high-ankle sprain, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Per NFL.com, David is expected to miss "a month or more." He was carted off the field late in the fourth quarter of Sunday's loss to the Minnesota Vikings. It's a significant loss for a Tampa Bay defense that was already missing three starters in Week 3.
David racked up 7 tackles (4 solo) before exiting with the injury, giving him 16 total (12 solo) this season.
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Baltimore's Marquise Brown (ankle) remains sidelined on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Ronald Jones named Buccaneers starter versus Falcons September 14th, 2021
- Ronald Jones 'struggled mentally' in Buccaneers win September 10th, 2021
- Gio Bernard (ankle) officially active for Buccaneers Week 1 September 9th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (quad) available for Week 1 clash with Cowboys September 8th, 2021
- Chris Godwin (quad) limited for Buccaneers Tuesday September 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Giovani Bernard (ankle) "full speed" at Sunday practice September 5th, 2021