Buccaneers' Lavonte David dealing with 'medial' ankle sprain
Tampa Bay Buccaneers linebacker Lavonte David has a "medial" ankle sprain.
This would be less severe than the initial report of a high-ankle sprain, which was expected to sideline David for "a month or more," according to NFL.com. He's now considered "week-to-week." After getting torched by Case Keenum and the Minnesota Vikings in Week 3, the Buccaneers are hoping David won't be out for long. They host the New York Giants in Week 4 before welcoming the New England Patriots to town for Thursday Night Football just a few days later.
David racked up 7 tackles (4 solo) before exiting with the injury, giving him 16 total (12 solo) this season.
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ronald Jones named Buccaneers starter versus Falcons September 14th, 2021
- Ronald Jones 'struggled mentally' in Buccaneers win September 10th, 2021
- Gio Bernard (ankle) officially active for Buccaneers Week 1 September 9th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (quad) available for Week 1 clash with Cowboys September 8th, 2021
- Chris Godwin (quad) limited for Buccaneers Tuesday September 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Giovani Bernard (ankle) "full speed" at Sunday practice September 5th, 2021