Bears' Danny Trevathan suspended two games for Thursday night hit
Chicago Bears linebacker Danny Trevathan has been suspended two games for violating the NFL's player safety rules, per ESPN's Field Yates.
In case you missed it, Trevathan was flagged for a helmet-to-helmet hit put on Green Bay Packers wide receiver Davante Adams in the Bears' loss on Thursday night. Following the play, Adams was carted off and taken to the hospital, where he checked out without any damage to his neck. He might have a concussion, but he's at least back home recovering at this time. As for Trevathan, he'll likely appeal the suspension but could be forced to sit out the team's Week 5 and Week 6 matchups.
With a team-high 29 total tackles, in addition to 1 pass defense on the season, we project the inside linebacker for 96.0 tackles, 4.2 pass defenses and 0.81 sacks over the remainder of the year.
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) ruled out for Week 2 September 18th, 2021
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) expected to play in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) questionable for Week 1 game against Rams September 10th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (back) limited for Bears again Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Bears reportedly sign wide receiver Breshad Perriman to 1-year deal September 2nd, 2021
- Tarik Cohen (knee) placed on PUP list, to miss Bears' first 6 games August 31st, 2021
- Bears' Tarik Cohen (knee) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Rams August 29th, 2021