Stephon Gilmore (ankle) questionable for Patriots in Week 5
New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore is questionable for Thursday Night Football with an ankle injury.
Gilmore is the team's usual starting corner opposite Malcolm Butler, so Gilmore's absence could be an upgrade for Jameis Winston and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' passing game. That will especially be the case with fellow corner Eric Rowe (groin) out, which could force Jonathan Jones into action on prime time.
Gilmore received a big $65 million deal this offseason, but he hasn't had a big impact on the Patriots' defense. Through 4 games, New England ranks dead last in passing yards (1,296) and places in a tie for last in passing scores (11).
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021