Nick Novak signed by Chargers to handle kicking duties
The Los Angeles Chargers have signed kicker Nick Novak and waived Younghoe Koo on Thursday.
Novak, who kicked for the Charges from 2011-14, returns to the winless club as they look to give their team a boost heading into the second quarter of the season. He replaces Koo, who went 3-for-6 on field goals in the first 4 games.
Novak most recently kicked for the Houston Texans, where he went 53-for-62 on field goals in 2015-16. He owns a career field goal percentage of 82.8% on 209 attempts.
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Keenan Allen records 108 yards in Chargers loss September 20th, 2021
- Chargers' Larry Rountree first in line behind Austin Ekeler September 13th, 2021
- Austin Ekeler (hamstring) active for Chargers in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Rapoport: Austin Ekeler (hamstring) will be a "full go" for Chargers in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Rapoport: Austin Ekeler (hamstring) expected to play for Chargers in Week 1 September 10th, 2021
- Chargers list Austin Ekeler (hamstring) as questionable for Week 1's matchup against Washington September 10th, 2021