Panthers' Luke Kuechly (head) in concussion protocol following Thursday Night Football
Carolina Panthers linebacker Luke Kuechly is officially in the concussion protocol after leaving Thursday night's loss to the Philadelphia Eagles.
The Panthers' star linebacker collided with an Eagles' offensive lineman and immediately left the field during the second quarter of Thursday's game. When he exited, Kuechly appeared to be holding his shoulder and neck area, but reports during and into the second half indicate that he was placed in the protocol and is being evaluated for what would be his third concussion in three seasons. David Mayo took over for him in the middle and would continue to do so if Kuechly can't go next week.
Through five-plus games, Kuechly has accounted for a team-leading 29 tackles, along with 2 pass defenses, 1 interception and 1 forced fumble. He's projected for 107.4 tackles, 3.7 pass defenses and 1.1 sacks over the rest of the 2017 season.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Panthers' Robby Anderson provides 38 yards on 6 targets September 20th, 2021
- Zane Gonzalez signs deal with Panthers Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Christian McCaffrey racks up 187 all-purpose yards in Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Panthers claim running back Royce Freeman off waivers on Thursday September 2nd, 2021
- Robbie Anderson signs 2-year extension with Carolina August 24th, 2021