Stephon Gilmore (concussion) out for Patriots' Week 6 matchup
New England Patriots cornerback Stephon Gilmore (concussion) will not suit up against the New York Jets, according to ESPN's Mike Reiss.
Gilmore was previously listed with an ankle injury, so the concussion news comes seemingly out of nowhere. The Patriots will now be without both Gilmore and Eric Rowe, forcing Jonathan Jones to start on the side opposite Malcolm Butler on Sunday.
In 5 games, Gilmore has accounted for 17 tackles, 2 passes defensed and 1 interception. As for the Patriots' pass defense, it ranks just 28th in the league, according to our metrics, and could be even more vulnerable in this week's game, despite a favorable matchup.
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Baltimore's Marquise Brown (ankle) remains sidelined on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe, ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021
- Nelson Agholor (ankle) doesn't practice for Patriots Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson dealing with dislocated thumb September 8th, 2021
- New England's Hunter Henry (shoulder) expected to play Week 1's matchup against Miami September 6th, 2021