Carson Palmer unlikely to return for Cardinals in 2017
Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer (arm, Injured Reserve) isn't expected to return this season, head coach Bruce Arians said.
"None of the guys on IR have made expected progress in rehab, so as of today, no one is expected to return this season," Arians said. Palmer broke his arm and was targeting a potential late-season return but it sounds like that isn't a realistic possibility for the veteran quarterback. Palmer turns 38 next month and there's no guarantee he returns in 2018 to play out the final year of his deal.
In seven games this season, Palmer completed 164-of-267 passes (61.4 percent) for 1,978 yards with 9 touchdowns and 7 interceptions. Among the 32 quarterbacks with at least 200 drop backs on the year, he ranks 24th in Passing Net Expected Points per drop back.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Jaguars reportedly sign Marvin Jones to 2-year, $9.2 million fully guaranteed deal March 16th, 2021
- Austin Dean starting for Cardinals Sunday afternoon April 11th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- J.J. Watt announces contract with Cardinals March 1st, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (ankle) returns to Week 17's clash with Rams January 3rd, 2021
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray (ankle) questionable to return in Week 17, Chris Streveler now under center January 3rd, 2021
- Larry Fitgerald (groin) inactive for Cardinals in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021